Search This Blog

Saturday 18 February 2017

40 Years of Punk & New Wave 1977: Ramones Release New Singles In UK and US


A-Side
 You Tube seem to have blocked the audio for this track for the album/single version so as an alternative here's a live version from April 1977 at My Father's Place in NYC
 

B-Side



Sire Records
Released 18th February 1977 (UK)
Did Not Chart
 
 
 A-Side
 
 
 
B-Side
 

Sire Records
Released 18th February 1977 US
Did Not Chart
 
********************
I have no idea who was responsible for choosing some of the early Ramones singles but they clearly got it all wrong at times!

On this day in 1977 on both sides of the pond Sire Records released two different new Ramones singles. In the UK it was I Remember You - whilst a good song I reckon they could have chosen Suzy Is A Headbanger as the A-Side as it showed the band's wonderful quirky nature off so much better!

In the US they chose Swallow My Pride (which would get a British release in July with an additional track of Let's Dance recorded at The Roxy in LA). Again not a great choice I think. Glad To See You Go or Now I Wanna Be A Good Boy would have made great singles! The B-side is one of their most loved songs Pinhead (even that would have made a great A-Side).

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts