Search This Blog

Friday 8 July 2016

Let The Day Begin...Let The Day Start!: Day 190 Skids


 Scared to Dance - Skids
Virgin
Produced by David Batchelor
Released February 1979
UK Charts #19

Singles From Scared To Dance
Wide Open EP
Released October 1978
UK Chart #48

Released February 1979
UK Chart #10
 *************************
I've not really done many posts on the Skids and I feel I should rectify that today. I had actually had something else in mind to post today but I got gripped afresh by the intro to Into the Valley and that had me rushing to dig out the Debut Album from the Dunfermline lads as it had been awhile since I'd given it a spin.

I wasn't a fan of everything they did but there are a number of singles that I count as quite precious especially their Debut EP featuring Charles (which was re-recorded for Sacred To Dance).

I remember loving the Sessions that they did for John Peel in May 1978 , August 1978 and February 1979.

Although the band had their roots in the Punk/New Wave scene it was clear when listening to Scared To Dance that they had moved beyond that and were carving out a sound that was all their very own.

Hope you enjoy listening to it today as much as I have.



Let The Day Begin...Let The Day Start!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts