Search This Blog

Friday 25 March 2016

Let The Day Begin...Let The Day Start!: Day 85 - Jesse Allen and The Message of Easter

So I heard somewhere yesterday that Cadbury's had taken the step to remove the word Easter from their Chocolate Eggs because they didn't want to offend anyone who doesn't believe in Easter! How bizzare indeed is that! (Edit: this is infact totally untrue!..Apologies to those who have rushed out to burn their Easter Eggs in protest! Doug 3.25pm)

In a way it doesn't surprise me as even with Christmas people have tried to remove any traces of the Story behind it and have come up with fancy names for it in the hope that it doesn't offend anyone (though it's quite tragic because they end up offending millions around the world who do actually believe in Christ!).

I know there are many people who don't believe in the message of Easter, and I know many others who think it's just about Chocolate Bunnies, and Egg Hunts etc. So it's always refreshing to stumble upon a song that just tells it as it is.

I have to admit I know nothing about Jesse Allen, and it wasn't even this particular song that originally drew me towards his music. It is the last track on his album The Way Life Was Meant To Be (You can get the album here or on other sites like Amazon I'm sure).

Enough words from me, let the music speak.
 

For Loving Me That Way

Let The Day Begin...Let The Day Start!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts