Search This Blog

Friday 18 September 2015

Crosseyed Heart - Keith Richards (2015)




Much is being made of the fact that this is the first Keith Richards solo album in 23 years and if you believe some of the reviews it's one of the greatest things since...erm...his last solo album!

I have to confess his "fag-soaked voice" (to coin a phrase by Guardian reviewer Dave Simpson) leaves me reaching for the skip button or even longing that old Jagger might any moment step up and steal the mic and tell Keith to get back to doing what he does best - playing the guitar!

Even his cover of the magnificent Love is Overdue (originally performed by Gregory Issacs and U-Roy) left me dashing to You Tube to play the original!

I know loads of people will probably love it but unfortunately not me! I do like the old fella but much prefer him not singing!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts