Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 August 2015

The August Album Challenge: 18. Album to Fall Asleep To

This could be taken the wrong way but I'm guessing that what is meant is an album that has that kind of soothing effect that enables you to close your eyes at night and have a restful sleep.

Mmm...this is a real challenge for me as I have been known to drift off to sleep with some crazy Metal or Punk music ringing in my ears! But I'll not trouble you with any of those titles just incase it aggravates you and you have a restless night and I don't want you blaming me!

So, I'm going with an album that has been a source of comfort and encouragement during some difficult days. Some of the tracks are a bit loudish but what's communicated lyrically has brought rest and peace.

The Eleventh Hour was the fourth album release from Jars of Clay, and in my opinion still one of their finest but I think that has a lot to do with the impact it had upon me when my Dad was in hospital and close to the end. I found a peace and a lifting of the spirit through some of the songs, especially Disappear, Fly, Silence, The Eleventh Hour and the closing track The Edge of the Water

 The Eleventh Hour - Jars of Clay
Essential
Produced by Jars of Clay
Released 5th March 2002
US Chart #28

The Eleventh Hour Album

Eleventh Hour Concert

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts