Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Music is the Doctor #15: Gabba Gabba Hey - A Tribute To The Ramones



Listening to Gary Crowley's Punk and New Wave Show from yesterday afternoon  spotlighting the Ramones got me all jacked up hearing stories from listeners about their favourite songs, albums, gigs etc and so I thought that maybe Music is the Doctor should follow suit and do our own tribute to the Ramones.

There will be a number of Ramones tracks, not necessarily the famous ones, but album tracks, B-Sides etc and also bands inspired by the Ramones so much so that they wrote songs about them! There's even a couple of cover versions thrown in for good measure. Also tracks from members of the Ramones in their other musical guises, Johnny was the only one not to go off and do his own thing musically. Due to the shortness of some songs the playlist is extended a little and a wee bonus thrown on at the end.

Notes on each song are dispensed with as we'll just let the music do the talking.



     
What's On The Playlist
34 Tunes and a Wee Concert for good measure!

    Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop (Live)

     The Huntington's - I Wanna Be A Ramone

           Ramones - Judy Is A Punk

    The Transgressions - Baby, I Love You (But I Need Someone To Talk To About The Ramones)

    Ramones - Suzy Is A Headbanger

   
Kepi Ghoulie - Dee Dee Taught Me How To Count

    Ramones - Rockaway Beach

    Sleater-Kinney - I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone

    Ramones - Don't Come Close (Old Grey Whistle Test September 1978)

    The Atoms - My Other Guitar Is A Mosrite

    Ramones - Danny Says

    The Vapids - Tommy Ramone

    Ramones - The KKK Took My Baby Away 

    The Spazzys - I wanna cut my hair like Marky Ramone

    Ramones - Somebody Like Me

   
Bad Drugs - Your R.A.M.O.N.E.S. Coverband Sucks 

    Ramones - Warthog/Chasing the Night (The Old Grey Whistle Test 1985)
 
    CJ Ramone - Won't Stop Swinging

    Richie Ramone - Criminal

    Marky Ramone's Blitzkrieg - If And When

  
Uncle Monk (Tommy Ramone) - Long Journey Home

    Joey Ramone - New York City

    Dee Dee Ramone - The Crusher

    Ramones - Something To Believe In

    Twin Berlin - I Wanna Live (Ramones Cover)

    Ramones - Indian Giver

    Eddie Vedder and Zeker - I Believe In Miracles
       
    Ramones - Pet Sematary

    The Havenots - I Love Her, and She Loves the Ramones

    Ramones - Poison Heart

    Ramones - Substitute

    Ronnie Spector - She Talks To Rainbows (Live, December 2010)

    Ramones - I don´t want to grow up.

    Motörhead - R.A.M.O.N.E.S.

    Ramones - Live at The Rainbow, London 1977

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts