Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 August 2015

Music is the Doctor #14: Good Romance Bad Romance!


Romance, everyone likes a spot of it don't they? Well, there's Good Romance and there's Bad Romance and it's important to find the right kind of Romance to spare a life of misery! Soundtrack4Life give you a musical guide with the latest Music is the Doctor!



On this week's Music is the Doctor Playlist:
01. Romance - The Members
A cracking wee single from The Members. Also included on their 1980 The Choice Is Yours Album.

02. Is She Really Going Out With Him? - Joe Jackson
Another great single, from 1979 and on the album Look Sharp. Today is Joe's Birthday, happy birthday Mr Jackson.

"Is she really going out with him?
Is she really gonna take him home tonight?
Is she really going out with him?
Because if my eyes don't deceive me
There's something going wrong around here"

03. New Rose - The Damned
"Is she really going out with him?"

I know cheesy link with the previous track but I couldn't resist. A Gem from 1976! 

04. Get Rid of that Girl - The Donnas
 "See that boy he looks so fine
But he's got a girlfriend my oh my
Go Go Go
I'm gonna hit her in the head
I'm gonna knock her down
I'm gonna drag her by the hair all over town
I'm gonna get get get get rid of that girl"

Ladies this how not to act!!

05. Chick Magnet - MxPx
"Well he's a chick magnet, if ya know what I mean
The way the girlies just go to him
Well ya should've seen
the guy yeah, he's got style and it's plain to see
Smooth shoes and cool tattoos
Hair pomped as tight as can be
He ain't got a girlfriend
No one to sing this song to
He's gotta settle down
If he meets that special girl soon
He knows just what to do
When it comes to the girls
He writes them poetry
And he picks them flowers
He knows just what to say
When it comes to the ladies
Knows how to make a girl smile
How to drive a girl crazy"

Always makes me laugh this song and the video is hilarious. Go Yuri!

 
06. Bad Romance - Meryl Streep (Ricki and the Flash)
From Meryl Streep's new movie, she's doing some singing in it. This is likely the only time you'll see a Lady Gaga song on here! 

The lyrics by the way are awful, check 'em out here!

07. Temptation - New Order
"Oh, you've got green eyes
Oh, you've got blue eyes
Oh, you've got grey eyes
And I've never seen anyone quite like you before
No, I've never met anyone quite like you before"

I have no idea, but I liked the last line in that Chorus.

08. I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend - Ramones
"Hey, little girl
I wanna be your boyfriend
Sweet little girl
I wanna be your boyfriend
Do you love me babe?
What do you say?
Do you love me babe?
What can I say?
Because I wanna be your boyfriend"

Everything you really want to say to a girl in 9 simple lines, yep that's the whole song!
 
09. My My Kind of a Girl - Lulubelle III
"I think we'd look pretty good together,
Walking through a winter wonderland
And this time I think it's forever
I hope your parents understand"

Another Ramones track this time done by my good buddy Ronnie Carnwath and his band Lulubelle III.


10. Lovestruck - Madness
"Love struck I've fallen for a lamppost given her my utmost
Spilling out my deepest feelings
Now all I want to do is snuggle up to you
A night cap in the early morning dew"

Misplaced love can come from too much alcohol so beware!

11. Somewhere in my Heart - Aztec Camera
"But somewhere in my heart
There is a star that shines for you
Silver splits the blue
Love will see it through

And somewhere in my heart
There is the will to set you free
All you've got to be is true"

Listen to Roddy, honesty should prevail - "All you've got to be is true"
 
12. Tragedy - Hanoi Rocks
"there ain't no better way of killing time
than loving you"


13. Stop Draggin' My Heart Around - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers with Stevie Nicks
"It's hard to think about what you've wanted
It's hard to think about what you've lost"

Sometimes it doesn't go as planned Part 1!

14. Soulmates to Strangers - Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
"I thought that we were special
That you are the one for me
We don't know why we're together
And I started to believe
Our love was invincible
And then the cracks started to unglue like me and you"

Sometimes it doesn't go as planned Part 2!

15. Piece of my Heart - Janis Joplin
"You know you got it if it makes you feel good
Oh, yes indeed"

16. Try A Little Tenderness - Otis Redding
" All you gotta do is try, try a little tenderness, yeah
All you gotta do is, man, hold her where you want her

Squeeze her, don't tease her, never leave her
Get to her, try, try
Just try a little tenderness,
You got to know how to love her, man, you'll be surprised, man
You've got to squeeze her, don't tease her, never leave
You've got to hold her and rub her softly
Try a little tenderness"

The Love Man knows!

17. You're The Best Thing - The Style Council
"I could chase around for nothing to be found
But why look for something that is never there
I may get it wrong sometimes but I'll come back in style
For I realize your love means more than anything

'Cause you're the best thing that ever happened to me or my world
You're the best thing that ever happened, so don't go away"

18. I Love You - The Heartbreakers
"When I look in your eyes, I see words I can't describe
Every word I'm telling you and I tell you, I love you"

Say it often and mean it always!
 

19. Ever Fallen in Love - Buzzcocks
"Ever fallen in love?
In love with someone
You shouldn't've fallen in love with"

It happens!

20. Because the Night - Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band
"Because the night belongs to lovers
Because the night belongs to us"

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts