Search This Blog

Thursday 2 July 2015

Rewind: 1979 - The Sony Walkman


2nd July 1979, Sony introduced the Walkman, the first portable audio cassette player. Over the next 30 years they sold over 385 million Walkmans in cassette, CD, mini-disc and digital file versions, and were the market leaders until the arrival of Apple's iPod and other new digital devices.


To honour this wonderful moment I found a C60 cassette lying around my room and found that the writing on the label had faded. So I rummaged around for a cassette deck, put it in a hit play.

I have no idea why or even when I put this tape together but it's a funny mix of stuff ! Side B looks like some of my favourite New York Music! Click on the links to listen to the music.

Side A


Side B

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts