Search This Blog

Friday 5 June 2015

Alphabet Beats #147: V is for....Vega as in Suzanne

V is for....





Ever since beginning this series Alphabet Beats I have sought to share everyday a musical slice of life that reflects what has been a mere glimpse into some of the artists that have made up my own Soundtrack4Life. Some people might have been amazed at some of the choices as they have stemmed from many different spheres of the musical landscape, and I really can make no apology for that because over the past few decades I have purposely sought out a variety of musical styles in order to expand my own love for music.

Today's Artist is another little surprise because I don't think many people would be aware that I like the music of Suzanne Vega. I had her name written down as one of the ones I'd love to feature in this series and am so pleased to have reached The Letter V and that she can be the first one. From when I first heard her back in 1985 she has constantly amazed with her poetic heart. Hope that if you are hearing her for the first time that you'll find something here to warm your heart. And if you haven't heard her in awhile and thought she had vanished off the face of the earth well, she's still here performing and recording. Click on the links to enjoy the music.

The Albums
    Suzanne Vega (1985)

Select Singles and Other Bits and Pieces
Luka

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts