Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Alphabet Beats #099: O is for.... O'Connor as in Sinéad

O is for....

Last year when posting about her latest album I said, "There's a terrible tendency when it comes to Sinéad O’Connor to write her off with one stroke of the pen because she's a woman who is complicated and obviously has issues and seems to carry so much baggage that surely she can't be up to much good. We all have baggage though, and unlike Sinéad O’Connor, our baggage seems to stay private. But in writing her off so easily you actually miss out on so much. There's a depth to her writing that is quite uncommon among female artists (Natalie Merchant for me is probably the only other one who manages to capture such emotion and lay it bare in a song)" and I still stand by those words today.




2014: I'm Not Bossy, I'm the Boss



The Albums
    1987: The Lion and the Cobra
    1990: I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got
    1992: Am I Not Your Girl?
    1994: Universal Mother
    2000: Faith and Courage
    2002: Sean-Nós Nua
    2005: Throw Down Your Arms
    2007: Theology
    2012: How About I Be Me (And You Be You)?
  

The S4L Top Ten
Sinéad O'Connor
10. Mandinka.
07. V.I.P.
05. Jackie.
01. I Believe In You (Dylan Cover)  

Live
Sinéad O'Connor


No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts