Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 January 2015

St. Paul and The Broken Bones - Them There White Boys Got Soul Brother!






I am getting on the phone to Michael J. Fox to find out where that DeLorean is so I can transport myself back to February 18th 2014, the release date for 'Half The City' by St. Paul and The Broken Bones! "Why?" you ask. Well it has become very clear to me that if I had heard this album last year when it was released it clearly would have ended up as The Soundtrack4Life Album of the Year for 2014!




The seven piece soul band is based out of  Birmingham, Alabama. The band is composed of Paul Janeway (vocals), Browan Lollar (guitar), Jesse Phillips (bass), Andrew Lee (drums), Al Gamble (keys), Ben Griner (trombone), and Allen Branstetter (trumpet). St. Paul and The Broken Bones formed in 2012.

For me what is so captivating about these guys, besides being a really tight and impressive band, is lead vocalist Paul Janeway. He's got a really serious set of soul pipes on him. On the album I felt there were shades of the Rev Al Green as well as the likes of Otis, Wilson and a few others as well. 

Click on the links to enjoy the music.


Debut EP (2013)




No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts