Search This Blog

Friday 23 January 2015

Alphabet Beats #023: The Letter D is for...The Darling Buds

D is for...

The Darling Buds

The Darling Buds formed in Caerleon near Newport, South Wales, in 1986, by the then 19-year-old Andrea Lewis. Their debut single, "If I Said", was released on February 1987 and was well received. The group re-released the single on an established label, Native Records, receiving radio play on John Peel's BBC Radio 1 show. Signing with Sony in 1988, several singles preceded their critically acclaimed 1989 debut LP, Pop Said...

Click on the links to enjoy the sparkle! I cannot vouch for the quality of all the live videos, some are good, some are a bit rough but I hope that does spoil it too much for you.









THE SINGLES



 

















































Live at Town and Country Club 1989





Live in 1988










Live @ Le Pub 2010.






 Fall.


Fall.

I shall be attending this weekend in April. I'm very excited about it as it's been many years since I last saw them in concert.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts