Search This Blog

Thursday 27 March 2014

Kaiser Chiefs - Education, Education, Education & War (2014)



The fifth studio release from The Kaiser Chiefs will see the light of day at the end of this month. It is the first one since the departure of Nick Hodgson, their drummer and principle song writer. The US release will be a day later on 1st April 2014.

In December they released on their Soundcloud page a new song and one of the best on the album, 'Misery Company'. 'Bows and Arrows' followed in January on the Rolling Stone website and then released as a single. In February they released 'Coming Home' as a single and that was closely followed by a promo video for the single. 'Coming Home' I actually think is the weakest song on the album and so was surprised that it was the first song they made a video for prior to the release of the album. My personal view is that 'Factory Gates' would have made a great single.


I have to say that I really like the new material. After the 2nd album, 'Yours Truly, Angry Mob' I felt that they kind of lost their way a bit with the following two albums ('Off With Their Heads' and 'The Future is Medieval'). So in many ways this is a return to form I think.

Frontman Rick Wilson is currently a judge on the UK version of The Voice on the BBC.





Live at FIB 2013 (Full Set).
SETLIST:
Everything Is Average Nowadays
Everyday I Love You Less and Less
Little Shocks
Na Na Na
Modern Way
Never Miss A Beat
Ruby
I Predict A Riot
Angry Mob
Oh My God

Live at Reading Festival 2012.
0:00 - Never Miss A Beat
3:34 - Everything Is Average Nowadays
6:17 - Pinball Wizard
9:07 - Everyday I Love You Less And Less
13:21 - I Predict A Riot
17:31 - Listen To Your Head
21:53 - Ruby
25:50 - The Angry Mob
33:10 - Take My Temperature
38:00 - Oh My God

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts