Search This Blog

Monday 20 January 2014

Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - Wig Out at Jagbags (2014)


I feel a little under-qualified to be posting about Stephen Malkmus as I actually know very little of his work since he left Pavement and so below are links for tracks from the new album in order for you to decide for yourself.

One of my mates, Rue, was talking this album up a lot and since I bow to his superior knowledge on these matters I decided to buy the album totally off the cuff without even hearing a track (I have adopted a similar course of action for other purchases in the past and have rarely - if ever - been disappointed). 

Obviously Rue must have some inside track to finding good tunes because he hasn't failed me with this recommendation. On the first two listens there are a number of tracks that I have really enjoyed: 'The Janitor Revealed', 'Houston Hades', 'Rumble at the Rainbo', 'Chartjunk', and 'Surreal Teenagers'.




No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts