Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 April 2013

The Strypes - Kids Who Can Play The Blues!




I always like discovering new things (well new to me) and so today, thanks to my friend Bob from Philadelphia, it's a band of young Irish lads called The Strypes.



Formed in Cavan, Ireland in 2011, the band who are between the ages of 15-17 seem to be getting a lot of attention and have an album due out later this year on Mercury Records. What amazes me about them is there blues sound at such a young age. The energy of the early Dr Feelgood and an obvious love for all things Blues. Well worth keeping an eye on I reckon.


Latest single is 'Blue Collar Jane'.


















On Record Store Day they were performing with Paul Weller at Rough Trade East! Click Here to See a Performance of  Route 66.





No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts