Search This Blog

Monday 7 May 2012

Alabama Shakes - Boys and Girls 2012





So, I only heard about these yesterday (Saturday 5th May) when one of my buddies posted a video on his brother's FB page and that one video blew me out the water!

Who are this band? They sound so old yet I discover they have only been around a couple of years. Can I just say that lead vocalist Brittany Howard has one of the most amazing voices I've heard in ages? At times on the debut album 'Girls and Boys' she reminded me a little of Janis Joplin, especially when she does that rocky, gravely growl.

Noticed that they are on tour here in the UK (Ireland tonight) and that the shows are sold out. Too right! What great music that deserves to be heard and danced to by many.

I love discovering new bands, new music, that has a vibe that takes me back but still actually sounds very fresh - Alabama Shakes threw me for a loop because they really are that good. Their album is added to the list of possible Album of the Year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You got me at Janis Joplin! I'm going to have check this group out.

Doug at Soundtrack4Life said...

Nice one Tila, enjoy.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts