Search This Blog

Saturday 30 July 2011

The Believers




Founding members Craig Aspen and Cyd Frazzini formed The Believers  in Seattle amid the Alt. Country - No Depression boom and have been recording and performing ever since. Now they are based in New Orleans.

I actually first stumbled on The Believers reading Paste Magazine one day and they had a little article by Bob Harris who said that The Believers had been recommended to him by Buddy Miller. I thought that if Buddy Miller liked them and Bob Harris liked them I'd just go ahead and buy 'Crashyertown' without hearing a note of it. I was glad I did because I love the album. Not long after getting the album The Believers came and played a really intimate show at a small pub in Glasgow (there couldn't have been more than 50 people there) and it was a real joy to be able to meet with Craig and Cyd and have them sign copies of their CD's for me.

They have released three brilliant albums:








Railroad Spikes and  Shotgun Shells with Tara Nevins


Temporary Misery with Tara Nevins


Locket & Key with Tara Nevins (lead vocal)


Higher Ground with Tara Nevins



Read It and Weep (Live from Music City Roots)


Crashyertwon (BBC Blackstaff Sessions)



Get Started (BBC Blasckstaff Sessions)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts