Search This Blog

Monday 12 October 2009

21 Days: All Seeing - The Alarm


I have taken the step of completely re-recording 'All Seeing' for '21'.

The persistence of certain fans have kept this song in my mind for a long time. It has always been a requested song whenever I have thrown open the opportunity for someone to change the course of my live set. Originally cut for the 'In The Poppy Fields Bond', I wrote this song in Wales and the first person to hear it was Craig Adams, who came up with a very melodic bass guitar part to my original tune (in the kitchen of his home), which I felt warranted his credit as co-writer. In this brand new version, Craig's bass part has now become the guitar line! I think this version captures the song at it's best.

I think it's time for the '21' album because we have been touring / recording as The Alarm in the modern / 21st century era for just about 10 years now, and with 'Guerilla Tactics' currently sitting as the third best selling 'Alarm' album of all time on iTunes (Declaration / Strength are number 1 and 2 but have been on iTunes since 2000), I felt it was time to bring all our new / reconverted fans up to date with a collection of the best songs from the modern era.

I also wanted this collection of songs to sound like an 'album' and not a compilation. Therefore, I took the step of re-recording / remixing / re-working every single song so that the recordings sound like they were cut yesterday and not over a period of years. I wanted the record to have the consistency of 'Guerilla Tactics' and felt that songs such as 'All Seeing' could have a big part to play in the running order. '21' has the best versions of everything that has been played ever since the 'new' Alarm sounded again on the Big Country tour of 1999/2000.

Mike Peters

The first video from the '21' project by The Alarm has been unveiled and it is 'All Seeing'. The album is due for release on 2nd November 2009.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts